Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve....

Christmas Eve will always mean one thing to me: Grandmom Newman's. For as long as I can remember we have always went over to my Grandparents on Christmas Eve. This was the tradition up until last year when I has kids and more of my family moved out here to PA. Regardless of what I do though, Christmas Eve will always bring memories of Grandmom and Grandpop's....
Apparently this year my brother got a ski mask and I got a bunch of jewelry to coordinate with my stylish flower shirt and pant suit
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
that year I also asked for a clown wig.... don't know why I wanted it, but I did...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Not only did the wig look awesome on my, my Grandfather looked quite dapper
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Remember those Magic Eye Puzzles where if you stared at a picture just the right way it would become 3-D... well here is Grandmom trying to figure it out
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This has got to be my most favorite Christmas memory....
My mother, brother, and I get to Grandmom and Grandpop's and of course we check out the presents. There is the HUGE package.... I mean it was huge, it was long and thin and it almost reached the ceiling. So there we were eating dinner and it was all I could think of is if that present was for me... It was!!! My Grandmother MADE me two care bears and Dorothy and Toto dolls. I can remember so much about that... I still have the care bears
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
******
Christmas Eve went a little something like this:
We would get there and Shawn and I would look at all the presents, and there were always tons, so we had to sneakily see what was for who....
We would eat dinner and I think when I was young dinner lasted about 50 hours, or that is what it felt like.
Then depending on the time we would either go to church or open presents. As I got older I really enjoyed going to church, they had a candlelight service and it is beautiful.
At some point the guys would end up in the living room:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Grandmom had made dinner
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And we would take a family picture at some point as well:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
****
I know this post is a little all over the place but I wanted to get it done while the babies are still sleeping :)
No matter what I do on Christmas Eve NOTHING can ever be better than Grandmom's

----

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
We are holding a raffle to raise money for Angela's Susan G. Komen walk. All money will be donated directly to her team, "Team Pretty in Pink". For each dollar you donate you will be able to leave a comment under the prize you would like to win. $1 = 1 comment $10 = 15 comments $20 = 40 comments Raffle will begin Friday April 27th and will run through Thursday May4th at 7:00 pm EST. You can donate at http://www.active.com/donate/komentc12/ABass169 Winners will be chosen via random.org and will be listed here on Friday May 5.
.