Sunday, October 28, 2012

One of my fondest memories...

One of my most favorite memories was when we went to Grandmom's house and she would have the Sears Christmas catalog for us to look through.  It was SO exciting to circle items and put my initial on them.  I was reading the Sunday paper this morning and there was the big Toys R Us catalog and just showing it to the kids brought back so many memories.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jack pretty much wants everything.  He is also picking out things for me - because what I really want is a stuffed Elmo and a Batman video game.

**On a side note SO many of my wonderful memories of childhood are because of Grandmom... I can't have an english muffin or see a Totino's pizza and not think of her.  Same thing with egg salad - who else in the world would make me an egg salad cake for my birthday??  Going to the arcade and her teaching me to sew.  Going with Grandpop to the garden to pick tomatoes.  Going to church and helping to count the money.  I could go on and on but to this day I still know how blessed I am to have had such wonderful grandparents!  I think I get so many of my fun qualities from her - I try to make Jack and Bella's lives as fun as she made mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
We are holding a raffle to raise money for Angela's Susan G. Komen walk. All money will be donated directly to her team, "Team Pretty in Pink". For each dollar you donate you will be able to leave a comment under the prize you would like to win. $1 = 1 comment $10 = 15 comments $20 = 40 comments Raffle will begin Friday April 27th and will run through Thursday May4th at 7:00 pm EST. You can donate at http://www.active.com/donate/komentc12/ABass169 Winners will be chosen via random.org and will be listed here on Friday May 5.
.