Tuesday, November 17, 2009

National Prematurity Awareness Day

Today is National Prematurity Awareness Day.... did you know that 1 in 8 babies in this country will be born premature? ugh, that is just too many!
I have thought about this many times throughout the day and it is just amazing to me to see my little preemies and where they are today.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I did everything I could in my pregnancy to take care of these two and still they came 6 weeks early. I will never forget that night.... good and bad, I can remember it all.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Tiny Bella as she was getting "sun" for her jaundice
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jack in his "box".... ha ha, I remember the Doctor joking with me with my "Jack in the Box"... I laughed but it was sad at the same time.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
But I am very,very fortunate to have two NICU graduates...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This was them last December with Jack in all his chunkiness


tee hee hee
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
here they are over the summer....
And this is myBella, the ballerina on Sunday night
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The whole point of this post was just to remind me how wonderfully fortunate and lucky I am to have had such a success with our preemies. I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
We are holding a raffle to raise money for Angela's Susan G. Komen walk. All money will be donated directly to her team, "Team Pretty in Pink". For each dollar you donate you will be able to leave a comment under the prize you would like to win. $1 = 1 comment $10 = 15 comments $20 = 40 comments Raffle will begin Friday April 27th and will run through Thursday May4th at 7:00 pm EST. You can donate at http://www.active.com/donate/komentc12/ABass169 Winners will be chosen via random.org and will be listed here on Friday May 5.
.