Thursday, August 21, 2014

First Day of Kindergarten!

Yesterday was a big day in the Druck home.  The kids started kindergarten.

We are lucky that the bus picks up at the end of our driveway.  I was in school all day yesterday so Jason put them on the bus and followed them to school.  A couple of years ago I laughed at my sister in law when she followed the bus on the first day of my nephew but I was very relieved when Jason was going to do it - apparently most parents do it the first day.  Anyway as Bella got off the bus she yelled to Jason, "DADDY!  I made a friend".  At that is Bella nowadays - she will just go up to people and ask to be friends and then goes and plays - she is SO outgoing.  I would have never thought that.  Jack is a bit more shy but his best buddy from his t-ball team is in his class and he was talking to other boys while we were at back to school night.  
Yesterday gym was their "special" period and today it is art so you have my two kindergartners summed up right there - all is right in their world if Jack has gym and Bella has art.... also bacon.... add bacon into anything like Jason did for their breakfast yesterday and we just knew they would have a perfect day :)
I will write more about my school tomorrow but I better run for now to finish getting them ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
We are holding a raffle to raise money for Angela's Susan G. Komen walk. All money will be donated directly to her team, "Team Pretty in Pink". For each dollar you donate you will be able to leave a comment under the prize you would like to win. $1 = 1 comment $10 = 15 comments $20 = 40 comments Raffle will begin Friday April 27th and will run through Thursday May4th at 7:00 pm EST. You can donate at http://www.active.com/donate/komentc12/ABass169 Winners will be chosen via random.org and will be listed here on Friday May 5.
.